So, here’s the situation. We’re all spending a little bit more time at home, a little less time socializing and a lot more time distracted by what’s happening in our world.
Now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s chat about how we’re going to get through this together. We’re going to keep learning, listening, staying informed, and maintain a routine as much as possible. And, in order to do so- here are just a few amazing resources to utilize over the next few weeks to support yourself and your teams:
If working from home is new to you, here are 5 of our favorite apps that are used daily at Brindle:
- Asana – track those tasks! What’s on your to-do list today? Asana will keep your deadlines, project status, notes, etc. all in one spot. It’s basically like a hand-written to-do list that just drank cup of coffee filled with organization, color coding, and paper trails.
- Google Hangouts- there are several platforms out there to keep up with quick, internal communication with your team, this is just the one we currently use. Others: Slack, Microsoft Teams, Chanty, etc.
- Loom – need to record a quick how-to video to explain a project to a team member? Loom is your friend. Now through July 1, 2020 Loom is removing the recording limit, cutting prices on Loom Pro, and extending their free trials. Take a look at their response here.
- Your trusty telephone. We sometimes forget that because we’re stuck in our working from home caves all day, that the outside world doesn’t communicate on the magic, talking devices. Wrong. Pick up the phone and dial some people.
- Spotify or a similar music streaming platform! You can bet that we’re takin’ care of business (every day) while listening to our favorite artists.
Speaking of jammin’ out while on the job, 4 Spotify playlists to keep you focused and energized below. 👇
- Chill Hits
- Lo-Fi Beats
- Chillin’ on a Dirt Road
- Happy Beats
- Coffee Shop Vibes
Since your home has now become your home, office, and gym, here are 3 resources for at-home workouts to keep your heart racing.
- CorePower Yoga is offering free, online classes while their studios are closed. Going on now through March 30, everyone (including nonmembers) can enjoy through CorePower Yoga On Demand.
- Orange Theory Fitness is sharing intense, 30-minute workouts every day online. Follow along for HIIT workouts that will get your heart pumping, blood flowing.
- Planet Fitness is also live-streaming different, daily workouts on Facebook.
*Small town plug! Please remember to continue supporting your locally owned fitness studios, boutiques, and gyms. Check their social media to see what at-home resources they’re providing during this time.
If you’re anything like us, the small businesses we regularly frequent have been constantly on our minds. Two ways you can still support local businesses during this time:
- Restaurants and bars: Don’t freak out, take out! Visit your favorite restaurants’ social media or websites for details on to-go menus, curbside pickups, special menu items, and more. They need you to eat out now, more than ever. If all else fails, please consider leaving your favorite spots a review on Google – being noticed by the big G goes a long way for a small biz. The Greeley Tribune has put together a list of local restaurants offering carryout or curbside pickup options, check it out.
- Retail and small businesses: Free shipping? Curbside pickups? Honoring today’s discounts when you’re open again? If your struggling to find creative ways to continue business “as usual,” get in touch with our team today. We’d love to brainstorm together.
And last, but not least. Here’s the #1 reason why we’re sharing this post:
We’re a stronger community when we’re together. Humans are what inspire and challenge us each and every day. Brindle would not be Brindle without any of our partners, vendors, colleagues, or competitors. If anything, all of this uncertainty has shown us how when a community unites, we certainly are a force to be reckoned with.
Have something to add to the list? We don’t just want to hear about it, we need to hear about it. Share below or with us on social media @BrindleDigital. 🧡